Lake Chelan Area Attractions
Just 3 hours from Seattle or Spokane, the Chelan Valley is renowned for its 300+ days of sunshine a year. There are many things to do while you’re staying at one of our Lake Chelan area vacation rentals. We have listed a few of the local Lake Chelan Area Attractions below to get you started.
Boating and Watersports
Lake Chelan is a boater’s paradise. Enjoy sightseeing, water-skiing, jet-skiing, kayaking, canoeing, rowing, tubing, paddle boating, and cruising on 50-mile-long glacier-fed Lake Chelan. There are also numerous other smaller lakes and rivers nearby.
Public boat launches include:
- 25-Mile Creek State Park (south shore)
Lake Chelan State Park (south shore)
Mill Bay Park (north shore)
Chelan PUD boat launch near Riverwalk Park (downtown Chelan)
Chelan Falls Park (Columbia River)
Powerhouse Park (Columbia River)
Beebe Bridge Park (Columbia River)
Some popular rental/water activity options include:
- Shoreline Watercraft – boat, jet ski, kayak, and paddleboard rentals with locations in Chelan and Manson
- Lady of the Lake – ferry boat providing year-round trips to Stehekin, Holden Village, and upper Lake Chelan
Hiking and Biking
The Lake Chelan valley offers many opportunities for land activities, including hiking and biking. Some popular areas include:
- Riverwalk Loop Trail
- Upper Gorge Trails
- Elephant's Head
- Other hiking trails pages: Lake Chelan Trails, Lake Chelan Chamber of Commerce, Chelan Ranger District
Downtown and Shopping
There are many quaint small-town shops to explore in Chelan, with beautiful gifts and jewelry, clothing for all seasons, and printed t-shirts and hoodies. Some favorites include:
In the summer there is also a larger Thursday evening farmer's market (Riverwalk Park) and a smaller Saturday morning farmer’s market (on Johnson Ave in downtown Chelan).
Chelan has many historic buildings on the National Register of Historic Places such as the Ruby Theatre (oldest movie theatre in the Northwest, built in 1913) and St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church (log structure built in 1898). Learn more about the lives of Chelan’s earliest pioneers, residents, and native people at the Chelan Museum.
CK Silver offers beautiful silver jewelry made by a local jewelry artist. Designs are timeless in nature and classic, and many designs reflect concepts found in nature. Available items include: earrings, pendants, necklaces, bracelets, and rings, and these items can be found online or at the Thursday evening farmer’s market in Chelan in July and August from 2-6pm.
Restaurants and Dining
The Lake Chelan Valley offers some great dining experiences and tasty food. Some of our favorites are:
More dining options can be found here.
Wineries, Breweries, and Cider
With 260 acres of wine grapes and more than 30 wineries, the Lake Chelan Valley is the ultimate wine-lovers vacation destination. Lake Chelan is the 11th AVA (American Viticultural Area) in Washington state. Consider a limo tour to nearby wineries or get information on winery tours from the Lake Chelan Chamber of Commerce.
Some popular local wineries include:
There are some amazing golf courses in the Lake Chelan valley, and more within reasonable driving distance. Here are some of the closest options:
- Bear Mountain Ranch Golf Course – championship level 18-hole public play golf course with panoramic views of Lake Chelan, ranked as one of the top six new golf courses in the United States by PGA Professionals
- Lake Chelan Municipal Golf Course – a favorite course of golfers of all skill levels, with the setting and views from the course that are unmatched anywhere in the Northwest
- Gamble Sands – Situated high above the Columbia River, in North Central Washington, Gamble Sands is blessed with one of nature’s great locations and dramatic golf settings. Much like its older brothers and sisters in the linksland of Scotland, this beauty has 18 consecutive holes that were discovered – not constructed.
- Desert Canyon Golf Course – 18 holes of golf in a unique and beautiful setting and ranked as the #2 public course in Washington by Golf Digest, plus 18 hole championship putting course with beautifully manicured greens built around a lake, rock outcroppings and waterfalls.
- Don Morse Championship Putting Course – 18-hole championship putting course that overlooks beautiful Lake Chelan
Here are some of the most interesting ways to get around in the Lake Chelan valley:
- Lakeside Limousine – ride in style to local wineries, weddings, special occasions, restaurants, anniversary or birthday celebrations, and more.
- Lake Chelan Helicopters – enjoy helicopter flights around the Lake Chelan area, ride up to Stehekin, or charter a helicopter flight from Seattle or Spokane.
- Lady of the Lake – see beautiful scenery as you travel to Stehekin and Holden Village on this popular ferry.
Additional Chelan Valley Recreation Opportunities
- The Village Veterinarian (Chelan): 509.682.4315 – veterinarian
- Big Dog Kennel (South Shore): 509.687.9306 – kennel
- All for Paws (Chelan): 509.888.8233 – grooming and daycare
- Pampered Pups Bed and Bath (Manson): 509.264.4083 – grooming and kennel
For more things to do, pick up a copy of the Lake Chelan Visitor’s Guide from one of the blue boxes around town, or request a copy at the Lake Chelan Chamber of Commerce.